Saturday, September 14, 2013

After School Snack


I know, I know...whose kids eat radishes? And honestly, I can't answer that question. Mine don't - yet, but I'm hopeful that they will! If I put it in front of them enough, they will. That's my theory and I am sticking to it. So when we get home from school, I munch on the peppery radishes with sea salt and they love the creamy, lemony herbed butter and warm baguette. This is a recipe adapted from the fabulous Barefoot Contessa - Ina Garten. She is amazing and my kids love this recipe. It's the perfect snack to hold them over until dinner. Enjoy!

La Recette:

1 bunch radish, washed and trimmed
1 gluten free baguette - I like Schär
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh thyme - chopped
2 teaspoons fresh dill - chopped
2 teaspoons Italian parsley - chopped
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Sea salt or kosher salt for dipping the radishes

Combine the butter, zest, lemon juice, thyme, dill, parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl and mix until everything is incorporated. I like to warm the baguette in the oven for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees and then thinly slice. I also sprinkle about one tablespoon of sea salt on the plate to dip the radishes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...