Sunday, June 8, 2014

Quick Kitchen Tip: The Best Way to Cook Bacon


If you're like me, you enjoy Sunday morning bacon every so often.  I try not to eat it too much.  I usually average once every three months, and I try not to have bacon guilt.  I feel badly when I eat a pig, but not bad enough to stop eating it!  Anyways, if you do indulge, I have a great - mess free way to cook it.  Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees with a rack in the middle of the oven.  I wrap a baking sheet very well in aluminum foil - one sheet horizontally, two sheets vertically and another sheet horizontally.    I place a metal rack on the foil and spread out the bacon in a single layer.  I usually bake about 6 ounces.  Bake for 20 minutes or more depending on how well done you like your bacon.  I usually take a paper towel and blot off any extra grease. The only thing you need to wash is the metal rack.  Very little clean up, less grease, and perfectly cooked bacon.  Yum.     


Bake in the middle of the oven, at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...