Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bouillie Froide - Cold Oatmeal


I first came across a version of this recipe when I was in college, doing an internship at a health and fitness club.  Needless to say, it was very popular.  It's a great, easy, and flavor filled summer breakfast.  You prepare it the night before and it makes about six servings.  It is essentially oatmeal that sits in the fridge overnight and it's served cold.  It's simple to make into a vegan dish and it's one of my favorites.  I love oatmeal but in the summer, sometimes it's just too warm outside for a hot breakfast.  This definitely hits the spot.  It's creamy, sweet and you can add any toppings you like.  I also make it with honey or agave nectar which eliminates any processed sugar.  It's a super tasty breakfast to try over these last few days of summer.  Enjoy!   

La Recette:
3 cups Gluten Free Oatmeal - I like Bob's Red Mill quick cooking oats 
4 cups skim or soy milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup agave nectar or honey

-Mix everything together in a large bowl and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.  Cover it with a lid or plastic wrap.
-For toppings, you can choose whatever you like:  almonds, walnuts, bananas, grapes, strawberries, raspberries, prunes, raisins, cranberries, etc...Gabby suggested swedish fish but I had to put my foot down with that one ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...