Thursday, January 30, 2014

Parmesan Artichoke Bites


These little guys are the best hors d'oeuvres and I highly suggest that you make them for your Super Bowl party.  They're quick and easy to assemble, and the perfect blend of crunchy, cheesy and salty- tartness from the artichoke.  As the name suggests, they are one biters which are great for any gathering and it adds a nice touch of gourmet to a day that is generally filled with beer and wings.  Don't get me wrong, I happen to love beer and wings but it's good to have some variety ;)  I made these for Thanksgiving and they were the first hors d'oeuvre to go.  Give them a try - you'll definitely have a crowd pleaser and they're so easy you will be able to enjoy your party too!    



I love this brand but Trader Joe's also sells a good one too!


You'll need a mini muffin/cupcake pan and it should be non-stick.
I cut the quartered artichoke in half and cover the bottom 1/4 with Parmesan cheese.


Cover the artichoke with about a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese and a 1/2 teaspoon of breadcrumbs.


Bake for 12 minutes at 375 degrees F until golden and bubbly. 

La Recette:

Ingredients-
*You'll need a mini muffin/cupcake pan.  Williams Sonoma and Sur La Table sell them.
1-12 oz. jar quartered marinated artichoke hearts
2 cups shredded Parmesan Reggiano cheese
1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs (I make my own breadcrumbs.  I never buy them.  I use Udi's bread in this recipe  and I put the ends and regular slices into the food processor or blender until finely ground.)
Non-stick cooking spray - I use a Canola oil based spray
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Directions-
-Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
-Spray the muffin pan with the non-stick spray
-Fill the bottom 1/4 of the muffin pan with Parmesan cheese
-Cut the quartered artichoke in half and put it on top of the cheese
-Layer about another teaspoon of the cheese on top of the artichoke and finish with 1/2 teaspoon of the breadcrumbs on top.
-Bake for 12 minutes until golden and bubbly and remove from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
-Gently run a knife around the edge of the bite loosening it from the pan and pop it out of the pan, plate it and serve.  They can be served warm or room temperature

*Makes 24 and the recipe can be doubled
*Standard breadcrumbs can be used if you don't need gluten free. 

5 comments :

  1. Anonymous1/30/2014

    They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/09/2014

    Cannot determine - fresh or dry breadcrumbs?

    Looks good. I will try with fresh breadcrumbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used both and either option works well :)

      Delete
  3. I'm making tonight, can't wait to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how they came out! I hope you enjoyed!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...